Buying a home is one of the biggest investments you will make in life, so it makes sense to have it insured correctly. The advice laid out in this article will guide you on the choices to make when purchasing home insurance.
1. Check that you have the correct deductible
2. Calculate exactly how much insurance you need
3. List valuables separately on your insurance policy
4. Get a discount by installing a security system and smoke alarm
5. Review your policy to make sure you are correctly covered.
6. Ask if you are in a flood zone and insure accordingly.
7. Let your broker know of any changes to your home
By having the correct home insurance in place, it will save you a lot of heartache if you try to make a claim, and discover you aren’t properly covered. Following the advice in this article will get you on the right track.
For all your home insurance needs, whether your home is in Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores, Port Orange, FL or any other areas in Florida, contact your insurance Broker at Sherzer & Associates for answers to any questions you might have.