Insuring a new teen driver is never going to be cheap. There are a few things you can do to reduce the costs down to manageable levels.
1. Have them take a driver safety class.
2. Make sure they maintain good grades.
3. Get them an older car that is safe and dependable.
4. Make sure your mileage estimates are accurate and keep their driving to a minimum.
5. Check with your home or life insurance policies to see if you can get a discount adding them.
Ask your insurance provider if they offer any other deals or discounts that can help you with the insurance costs. If it’s any consolation, at least they won’t be a teen driver forever.